This classic meatloaf is actually an all-beef meatloaf with oat meal, onion, along with a bit of garlic. Ketchup topping is usually recommended, but a topping of barbecue sauce will be tasty too. The oat meal in the loaf is additionally a conventional option, but an equal quantity of bread crumbs or even crumbled crackers could definitely be substituted.
- Two pounds ground beef
- Two tablespoons grated onion
- One big egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (crushed & amp; amp; finely minced)
- 3/4 cup oatmeal (old-fashioned) or quick
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup (plus much more for topping)
- One tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- One 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black color pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried out thyme (or sage)
- Measures to make it one. Take the ingredients.
Read another Award winning Meatloaf Recipe with Oatmeal
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas four). Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan or perhaps meatloaf pan.
- Combine the land surface beef, grated onion, egg, garlic, oat meal, whole milk, 1/4 cup of ketchup, pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme or sage.
- Blend the mixture completely but do not over mix.
- Pack the land surface beef combination loosely into the made loaf pan.
- Bake within the preheated oven for one hour and ten minutes; then simply remove and very carefully pour off the excess grease.
- Spread ketchup above the roof of the meatloaf and go back to the oven for fifteen to twenty minutes longer.
- Serve with green beans and mashed potatoes or even broccoli.
The body fat content is the answer to juiciness and flavor of a meatloaf. Choose eighty to eighty five % for the juiciest and flavorful most meatloaf. Change several of the soil beef with ground pork when your beef is pretty lean.
Meatloaf sandwiches are actually a good way to make use of leftovers, but there are actually other ways. Crumble outstanding meatloaf and include it to chili or maybe stuffed peppers, or even make grilled cheese or meatloaf tacos and meatloaf sandwiches.
Bake 2 and freeze one for one more day.
Include a couple of tablespoons of minced green or maybe red bell pepper and then shredded carrots, when desired.
For added moisture, mince some veggies in a food processor in addition to saute for a tablespoonful of vegetable oil just before contributing to the meatloaf.
Add 1/2 cup to one cup of shredded cheese to the meatloaf combination.
Use component tomato juice as the fluid in the loaf.